This page is dedicated to clarifying the minor differences between the playable races on /vg/station. It can be edited and updated by anyone.
This page will NOT cover specifics such as lore, roleplaying suggestions, etc. It will only cover statistical differences with strengths and weaknesses.
- 1 Skeletons
- 2 Plasma-Men
- 3 Vox
- 4 Dionaea (Adult)
- 5 Greys
- 6 Humans
- 7 Slime People
- 8 Golems
- 9 Tajaran/Catbeast
- 10 Skrell
- 11 Unathi/Lizardmen
- 12 Cluwne
Only available through the genetic ability 'dissolve'
ACK ACK ACK. Your worst nightmares brought to life, made even more scary by their terrible bone-related jokes. Expect dozens of "boner" puns.
- No blood, skin, or organs.
- You do not need to breathe, but you will take pressure damage. Don't go out into depressurized areas without EVA.
- When naked, clicking yourself with help intent will rattle your bones.
- Can communicate privately with other skeletons with :z.
- 1.5x faster movement speed than humans
- 25% chance to say 'ACK ACK!' at the end of their sentences.
- Bones more likely to be broken.
- Takes double brute damage.
- More likely to spook coworkers to death.
- Can only eat raw meat.
- Cannot take pills, these will simply fall through to the floor
A husk of a man. Depressing purple skeletons born from a burning hell.
- Comes with their own specialized soft suit that's space-worthy.
- Plasma isn't toxic to you.
- No blood.
- Takes half as much burn damage.
- Being skeletons as well, they can also communicate privately with other skeletons with :z.
- Can only breathe plasma.
- Cannot remove their suits in an oxygen-containing environment without immediately bursting into flames, causing them to take constant burn damage until the suit is reapplied and the resulting fire is put out.
- Takes 50% more brute damage.
- You roll your S's in a simmering fashion.
- Being forced monkeyed turns you into a flaming skull.
Depending on who's playing, either feathery gypsies who speak terrible English, or feathery pirates who speak terrible English.
- Start out with environmental suits relating to their profession. Medical Vox have biosuits, Engineering Vox have hardsuits, Atmos Vox have atmos suits, Paramedic Vox have paramed hardsuits.
- Can withstand cold better.
- Can communicate privately with other Vox with :v.
- Special Vox-only Trader occupation available on all maps.
- Special reagent 'gravy' which is prevalent in most Vox food dishes heals them like anti-toxin. Stacks with anti-toxin.
- Oxygen is even more toxic than plasma at levels of 1% or higher.
- Being forced monkeyed turns you into a chicken.
- Can't wear most exosuits.
Become one with the trees by actually BECOMING a tree.
- Regenerate from nearly anything in brightly lit areas.
- Practically immune to toxin damage. (10 units of chloral is a 20 second stun)
- Can absorb radiation.
- FEEL NO PAIN.
- Withstands all temperatures best out of all the races.
- Can communicate privately with other Diona with :q.
- Don't breathe.
- Pressure proof.
- Unarmed damage of 5.
- Slow as fuck (fixed with hyperzine or genetics).
- Can die if kept in darkness for a long period of time.
- Cannot heal burn damage by itself.
- Takes 2.5x burn damage.
- Need to become a diona Nymph first, which is unable to use most equipment, and needs blood to grow into an adult as well as understand languages. However, it can crawl into vents like a monkey and has a bunch of abilities that make it a good botanist.
Mysterious grey persons. Often seen shit-talking with their mind.
- You are immune to sulphuric acid. Drink that shit like its Kool-aid.
- You spawn with Mind Speak, an ability that allows you to speak to others mentally.
- Improved Darksight. (Humans have a darksight range of 2, Grays have 5)
- Can communicate privately with other Grays with :k.
- Unfortunately, Water is to you what Sulphuric Acid is to humans. Avoid fire extinguishers and clowns.
- Your armed and unarmed attacks deal significantly less damage than other races.
- People say ayy lmao around you a lot.
Congratulations, you're neutral at everything.
Also, Asimov silicons love you!
Joining the slime Master race.
- Immune to electricity. They heal from it. They still have shock stuns, though, but they're slower than normal. (This was tested and works)
- Can't be harmed by slimes, or other things that cause clone damage. (Decloner)
- Can only be made through Xenobiology witchcraft.
- Cold kills you quick.
- Fire extinguishers hurt like acid.
A metallic servant born from Science. Become the ultimate bodyguard, or tend to the slimes while your master drinks himself to death at the bar.
- Irremovable space suit that doubles as Riot Armor.
- Can't be pushed over.
- Jumpsuit IS armor.
- Can only be made through Xenobiology withcraft. Literally.
- Can't shoot guns.
- Can only heal clone damage by consuming/using Rezadone.
- Can't be given CPR, yet still need to breathe. Fuck if I know.
- Can't wear shoes. Don't step on glass or you'll slip.
- Slaved to the person who summoned you. You must follow their orders.
- Your harm intent unarmed attacks do significantly more damage than most other races. Can literally claw other races eyes out.
- Darksight of 8, the greatest of all the races. Fucking alleycats.
- Can withstand cold better.
- You cough up hairballs. Periodically stuns you.
- The rules not only condone but actively encourage the rest of the crew to kill you on sight, which means your brief lifespan will end in a public lynching. Being a Tajaran is a death sentence worse than Cluwneing.
- Various word replacements: (As regex)
- Cannot withstand heat as well.
The rarely seen Squidfrogs.
Mechanically the same as humans.
- They can speak their own language with :k. (Currently broken, woe is the frog)
- Usually only ever seen as products of Brain Swapping or a Staff of Change.
- Same as Tajaran in terms of attack damage.
- May have immunity to toxin damage.
- Immune to diseases. (Confirmation needed)
- Can withstand heat better.
- Can see slightly better in the dark than humans. Having a darksight range of 3.
- Your s'es are drawn out as a stutter/hiss.
- Unless you're a Janitor, expect to be killed pretty quickly.
- Cannot withstand cold as well.
- Only occurs as a byproduct of brainswapping and the occasional adminbus.
You poor, miserable fool. You shouldn't have been such a shitter, otherwise the admins wouldn't have turned you into one of these wretched creatures.
- Can never remove your clown suit and mask.
- Your hands are replaced with an array of bicycle horns.
- Permanently brain damaged.
- When trying to talk, most of your words are replaced with honking.